This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.
- applied for and been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at an educational institution in Australia
- organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.
Length of stay
Dependable on the course you are taking (2-4 years)
- Packaged courses
- Students under 18 years of age
- Genuine temporary entrant
- English language requirements
- Acceptable English language test score
- Financial capacity requirements
- Documentary evidence of financial capacity
- Health insurance
- Pre-qualifying visas
- Family members applying to join you
- English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- School students
This visa allows you to stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.
- be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student
- not bring family members younger than 6 years of age, except under certain circumstances
- be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student unless you are applying for this visa with the support of the government your home country.
Length of stay
You can stay in Australia for the same length of time as the student visa holder or until the student turns 18 years of age.