Situated in the beautiful state of Tasmania, the University of Tasmania (UTAS) is the 4th oldest University in Australia. It’s ranked among the top 2% of universities in the world. In 2015, UTAS received more Teaching Awards than any other university in Australia.
The school small classroom size, coupling with friendly study environment has provided tremendous benefit for international students. The table below summarised the ranking of the university, as well as college-specific ranking.
|UTAS||Top 200||2017 ARWU|
|Top 300||2018 THE World ranking|
|313||QS World ranking|
|#1 in Teaching Award||2015 Australia Awards for University Teaching|
|16/21 Research fields rated above world standard||Excellence in Research for Australia|
|Australian Maritime College||Top 50 in the world for Earth and Marine Science||2017 QS University Ranking|
|Institute for Marine and Antarctic Studies||#4 in the world for Marine and Freshwater Biology||2017 CWUR World university ranking by subject|
|#7 in the world for both Fisheries and Oceanography|
|Agriculture & Aquaculture||Top 100 in the world for Agriculture and Forestry||2017 QS University Ranking|
|Pharmacy||#2 Pharmacy program in Australia||2017 University Review|
In terms of research capacity, UTAS has established many world-class facilities to aid researchers and students in tackling the science. At this moment, UTAS is the only place in the world that offer research hub for commercial development of rock lobster culture system. UTAS is also the only place in the southern hemisphere that has an Experimental Aquaculture Facility to aid researches (the only other place is in Denmark).
Another renowned research area for UTAS is naval architecture and engineering. UTAS has been a key player industry with education programs provided for ship engineers and ocean seafarers. The facility here at Launceston campus ranges from artificial water basin to test ship model, to simulator of ship’s bridge for student to practice real-life situation.
Not only has achieved significantly in research outcome, the university has also developed facilities for student well-being. In 2017, UTAS has opened a brand new state-of-the-art student apartment right in the heart of Hobart CBD. This facility provides more than 400 single bedroom unit for student with very reasonable price.
Photo takend and article written by Tho Nguyen 1st FEB 2018
- Phone: +61 3 9629 6068 (English, Chinese, Vietnamese)
- Phone: +61 431 437 733 (Vietnamese)
- Viber/Zalo: +61 412 495 140 (outside Australia)
- Email: L.VUONG@SWCG.COM.AU
- Email: T.NGUYEN@SWCG.COM.AU
As a member of UTAS’s agent network, S&W Consulting Group has been trained in UTAS educational programs. Our counselors have visited the university, talked to teaching associates as well as admission staffs to find out about the course structure and requirement. Should there be any inquiries about UTAS’s programs, feel free to contact us.
- Please kindly note that Semester 1 2018 begins on the 26th February 2018.
- Last day to apply for this intake will be in the last week of February.
Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU):
- Indicators: alumni and staff winning Nobel Prizes and Fields Medals, highly cited researchers, articles published in Nature and Science, articles indexed in major citation indices, and the per capita academic performance of an institution.
Times Higher Education (THE):
- Indicators: peer review carried out amongst academics, the opinion of graduate recruiters, staff-to-student ratios, citations of academic papers, percentage of overseas staff and percentage of overseas students.
Quacquarelli Symonds (QS):
- Indicators: research, teaching, employability and internationalization.
Other photos of University of Tasmania
© S&W Consulting Group 2018. All Rights Reserved.Read More